With this very simple Tortilla Pizza recipe, make the next meal for the kids in no time. There are only three basic ingredients required, it can be modified to accommodate preferences and food sensitivities, and it tastes great with a side of fruit or vegetables.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 4 tortillas (flour or whole wheat; fajita-size)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza toppings (as desired such as pepperoni, olives, precooked broccoli, or thinly sliced mushrooms)
- Tortillas: You can use flour or whole wheat, or a gluten-free option as needed or preferred. I typically make this with fajita-size tortillas.
- Pizza sauce: Jarred or canned pizza sauce adds flavor and moisture to this recipe. Feel free to use pesto if your family enjoys pesto pizza.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: Shredded cheese tops the pizza sauce and melts for the classic pizza flavor.
- Grated Parmesan cheese: I like to add a little grated Parmesan for more flavor to our pizzas.
- Pizza toppings as desired such as pepperoni, olives, precooked broccoli, or thinly sliced mushrooms.
- You can also sprinkle with pizza seasoning if you’d like.
- Preheat the oven and line baking sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Place the tortillas onto baking sheets. Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella, Parmesan, and any desired toppings.
- Bake until warmed through and the cheese is just golden brown. Serve warm, slicing into wedges so it’s easy to eat.
- We like this with a side of raw veggies, though Roasted Broccoli or Caesar salad would be great, too.